Starting from the Bohemians 70’s with extra-long sleeves, the return to the stylish fashion of the puffa jacket, bold shades of pink and “arts & crafts” details, we present the main men’s fashion trends of the Menswear Week Fall-Winter 2016/2017.
Discover men’s fashion trends!
1. You will be CHECKERED Checks for a winter season? It is not quite surprising, unless we consider the frequency and enthusiasm displayed on the proposals of the collections presented by Raf Simons, Bottega Veneta or Junya Watanabe. Whether with checks, in wool tartan or as clear prints, the motif is repeated again and again in the world of men’s fashion. Prada, Bottega Veneta, Saint Laurent, Brioni, Junya Watanbe, Lou Dalton, MSGM, Fendi and Balmain are just some of the designers who sing for it.
2. CASUAL BOMBER JACKETS Also called the “Yeezy” effect and consequence of the permanent appearance of Kanye West wearing his bomber jacket MA-1, men’s fashion designers reinvent this garment becoming a “must-have”. The repertoire of aviator jackets this season offers a lot of variations on the version of West, from the one textured by Louis Vuitton to the hair-cropped by MSGM.
3. LA VIE EN ROSE At a time when the issue of androgyny is permanent and triumphs the “tomboy” style in women’s fashion, designers dare to dress men with pink. We will have to consider the possibility that male “rules” vs women rules have been officially outdated. Whether only betting on a subtle pink tone or risking to the maximum and opting for a fuchsia, this season think pink!
4. ARTS & CRAFTS Luxury fashion take on board of a return to origins with this trend that bears the name of the movement that in the nineteenth century, claims the original forms of elaboration against the processes of mass production. Betting on designs with a marked bohemian spirit, made in crochet hook or crochet, lace, fabrics or “patchwork” let yourself be seduced by garments that reflect a finished “made by hand.”
5. BULKY PUFFA JACKET The puffa jacket experiences this season a similar transformation to that of Alice in Wonderland, expanding in size and weight. Highlighting those dyed in acid colors like yellow or purple, but being an undeniable appeal the sleek black seen in Dior Homme.
6. SILVER REFLECTIVE A cold and neutral color that speaks of harmony and balance, and against the lush and extravagant gold; it is sober, sophisticated, delicate, simple, and even minimalist despite being a symbol of wealth and luxury. This season silver leaves the night to bright up your day. Spectacular metal finishing with mirror effect, a high impact, even when used in casual looks. Shine with silver!
7. MILITARY STYLE Autumn is covered with military air incorporating fluid tailoring, pleated pants “oversized”, leather details and rich ornaments. Everything old is new again. A belligerent style that has been influencing fashion since at least the 60s, when John Lennon wore a M-65; which returns this season with such force that their influences feel both in the men’s and women’s collections. Choose your uniform and get ready to battle it out!
8. COVER YOURSELF WITH LEATHER A material already used in ancient times to protect from the cold and as a symbol of social status, that thanks to globalization and to the use of synthetics fabrics has widespread. Giving priority in dressing not only in classic overcoat garments, but in scarves, hats, gloves and even materializing designs of shoes or handbags. Whether betting on sober or bright colors, in “color block” version or combining tones in strips or mosaics, short or long hair, creating classic jackets or coats, or betting on ingenious sweaters, vests or bombers; leather becomes a fundamental element of endless styles.
9. KITSCH EXTRAVAGANCE Against the minimalism of “less is more”, this style bets on extravagance of “more is more” or “nothing is an excess”. Fluorescent or bright colors, impossible prints, eccentric designs, unthinkable overlays … Anything goes. A risky guideline to follow that if you know how to combine it or use it in perspective, it will let you look the most “trendy”. Who says that irony is dead?
10. SOPHISTICATED VELVET Star material of the current season, velvet conquer the catwalk both in women‘s and men’s fashion. Silky smooth but structured, it presents itself as perfect to build overcoats, providing sophistication to the casual bomber jackets, bringing opulence to waisted blazers or sculpting elegant coats.
Some trends of Fall-Winter 206/2017 Men’s Fashion that intertwine each other and do not differ much from those of women, right?
Images courtesy of livingly.com