“My taste is very simple, just the best” said Oscar Wilde; Coco Chanel described luxury as the opposite of vulgarity. A lifestyle in which iconic men and women value exclusivity, artisanal details, time spent, pieces capable of transmitting sensations, originality that makes the difference, access to unusual places… A contrary distinction to the widespread idea of buying expensive things and gifts.
For those who take seriously the generous art of giving and flee from classic gifts to get by, we propose six sumptuous ideas for foodies and lovers of luxury. Unique and opulent gifts to surprise and with which no doubt you will be right.
1. Be able to take a piece of furniture under your arm? And that piece of furniture can be kept in a library with other books? BOOKNITURE is the answer. A folding table created by the designer Mike Mak, which will delight the most demanding. A simple multilayer paper cylinder folded in accordion assuming the form of a book, and that opens when required transforming into a chair or a table.
Made with the same principle of decorations “honeycomb” in paper used for cocktails, this “book-furniture” is able to hold heavy weights. Available in two colors, black or natural brown, each Bookniture can hold up to 170 kg and it is possible to stack them. In addition, it wears a round felt carpet as a complement.
2. Inspired by the legendary Oriental art of origami, here it comes the first collection of men jewelry by the firm RABAT designed by JUAN AVELLANEDA. Designed to explore the properties and get the best version of each material, these geometric pieces are in the form of rings, whose stones have a hexagonal size evoking cubism, of bracelets and wedding rings built with polyhedral shapes and bracelets links that draw Deco reminiscences.
Geometry, Mediterranean spirit, abstraction, luxurious materials and impeccable craftsmanship are the best allies of Juan Avellaneda for today’s jewel to remain the jewel of the man of tomorrow.
3. The collection APPLE WATCH of HERMÈS is extended with a new style, the Double Buckle Cuff with a strap in Swift and Epsom leather, inspired by the archetypical sandals design of Hermès created by Pierre Hardy. The creative director of footwear and jewelry sections of the mythical firm has developed a strap that frames the wrist with elegance in the new colors Rose Jaipur, Étoupe and Bleu Agate.
The new models of Apple Watch Hermès combined with Apple Watch Series 2, which includes GPS, water resistance of 50 meters, screen with double brightness, a powerful dual core processor and watchOS 3 and includes an exclusive and alternative Hermès sporty strap in a special orange. Many features that will help you stay motivated, active and connected; without sacrificing elegance.
4. The classic print interlocking the initials of GUCCI becomes an object of desire again, thanks to the new creative director of the legendary Italian firm; Alessandro Michele, and his collection of handbags DIONYSUS.
The famous canvas printed to infinity with the double G coexists with snakes, butterflies, flowers, rays, hearts or red lipstick; to show that extravagance never gets old. Some iconic bags destined to grow old and last over time as timeless must-have.
5. Made by hand in Spain with high quality leather, accessories of the brand Belfry stand out for their details and finishes. iPad covers, purses or briefcases made following the maxim of slow fashion, with a no mass production model, limited collections and manufacturing on request.
Through its website, you can customize leather purses and change the colors of the interior, exterior, seams and polish. However, the most original gifts from the Belfry collection are the iPad organizers, which include 11 pockets for cards, keys, cables or for hanging glasses.
6. For the urban traveler who constantly seeks to discover new horizons, MONTBLANC presents URBAN SPIRIT Collection, new leather pieces that are characterized by innovative functionality. With aerodynamic designs, optimal comfort and smart storage solutions, each piece is carefully handmade to suit the lifestyles of those who are moving.
In the office, on the way to a meeting, in the gym, on the road or flying to a far destination, elegant but tough pieces have the versatility to be both partners in business and for leisure. From small accessories to the largest, the 22 pieces that make up the ultimate Montblanc collection of leather provide reliability and safety at the same time.
An exclusivity that makes the difference and allow you to combine design, creativity, innovation, originality and functionality in your gifts; to enjoy alone or with company, surprising with elegant style.
Images courtesy of the firms presented