Lights, music, reunion with family and friends, it is time to celebrate and choose between the party looks that make you shine. Outfits among which traditional cocktail dresses, comfortable jumpsuit, reinvented “deluxe” pyjamas stand out; as well as trend textures with velvet and metallic fabrics as the main ones. To look elegant an indisputable premise is “less is more”. Question of balance.
You want to know what outfits will make you Shine this Holiday Season? Inspired by successful outfits worn by famous celebrities we have planned 6 Looks for you.
- BOHEMIAN SLIP DRESS known as the principal fabric, the sumptuous velvet embodies endless garment, being perfect to give glamor to simple slip dress. For lovers of “boho chic” elegant nightgowns with simple cuts or strategic openings make comfortable looks; in which avoiding accessories excess is the key.
- ASYMMETRIC JUMPSUIT garment of the season, functional and versatile, the jumpsuit competes against reinvented “tuxedos” and luxurious “pyjamas” for a prominent place among the festive alternative outfits to the eternal dress. With flashy cuts or textures, bet on the monochrome in color, and it will allow you to succeed in your choice.
- Insinuating laces Romantic and ethereal, made entirely in lace or macramé, close-fitting or evasé silhouettes, with strategic transparencies or fully tight weave, with endless drapes; light white dresses are an excellent choice for lovers of “boho chic” and “gipsy” style. With an “off-shoulder” cut (bare shoulders) and wearing a resounding choker in contrast, this festive look is both sensitive and sensual.
- DELUXE PYJAMA Extravagant and surprising, pyjamas jump from the bedroom to sidewalks to turn into the new “must-have”; not only in casual outfits, but in party looks. Another star garment, it reinvents itself embodied in velvet or completely covered with sequins; to dress up luxurious catwalks and offer inspiration to create black-tie outfits that will make you highlight with no fear of being indiscreet.
- LA VIE EN ROUGE Symbol of love and Christmas’ representative color, red presents perfect for dyeing and transform any holiday design. Elegance versus sensuality in alternative party looks set themselves up confirming the resounding success of red as a choice to enjoy a sophisticated and exceptional evening. Although the strength of its tone can cause fear in clothes and accessories because it can attract eyes and highlight defects, combined appropriately and moderately will allow you to shine with great elegance.
- METALLIC SHININGS catwalks predicted it, they were supported by many “influencers” of the street style and now garments confirm it: this is the year of metallic shades. 80’s looks and influenced by the disco fever of the late 70’s, the dresses are covered with glitter and sequins in a “total look” version combined with small doses of accessories. Gold or silver, long metallic dresses which will allow you to shine this holiday season.
The only thing left is to choose between the party looks that most closely matches your tastes and needs, adapt it to your style to not feel uncomfortable, and take advantage of accessories that you already have so you do not invest in excess. Let’s go party!
Images courtesy of the firms presented
Traductor: Raquel Sánchez