For their eclecticism, this season designers play with prints, patterns and textures in looks bordering the maximalism; not only in their collections of clothes, but also in their accessories. Among these eccentrics accessories we find sunglasses at first glance for their excessive size, their rich decoration and their fanciful shapes. Protect your eyes while you make a statement in fashion!
1. OVERSIZED. Big, practical and comfortable sunglasses did the eyes of the main Fashion Weeks’ models shrouded in mystery, presenting theirselves as one of the best options to create classic and feminine outfits.
In order to find inspiration, the silver oversized designs proposed by Chanel cover the face with colorful and carved screens, the sophisticated smoked masks of Roberto Cavalli or the Aviator air of Ralph Lauren. However, virtually all styles and designs bet on extreme sizes.
2. SHINY DECORATIONS. Details, details and more details. Exciting and striking elements are added to sunglasses and even into the frames for a maximalist look.
So while Opening Ceremony embeds its black glasses with a big wave of nacre, the excess arrives with Dolce & Gabbana and their designs with enameled and stacked daisies, miniature cherubs and an overabundance of jewelry that provide an intended dose of kitsch.
DOLCE & GABBANA limited edition “Mama’s Brocade” €3.328 – JIMMY CHOO VIVY Black Round Framed with Detachable Jewel Clip On, €480 – SWAROVSKI Special Edition 65MM Crystal, €1.270 – GUCCI Oversized square-frame embellished, €1.020
3. IRREPLACEABLE CAT EYES. Always glamorous, cat eyes sunglasses are updated to stay one more season as a trend. Their undeniable retro touch is more acute in the frames presented by Vivetta, Moschino and Dries Van Noten; while Carolina Herrera, Fendi and Marni prefer a futuristic tint.
FENDI Runway Mirrored Cutout, Gold €565.58 – PRADA D-frame textured-acetate and silver-tone, €510 – DOLCE & GABBANA DNA Semi-Rimless Cat-Eye, €280.46 – MARC JACOBS Metal-Rim Gradient Cat-Eye, €186.97Irreplaceable Cat Eyes: Vivetta – Moschino – Dries Van Noten
4. REINVENTED AVIATOR. Sunglasses that Ray Ban signed decades ago under the name of Aviator. They have become a classic thanks to they fit just right to everyone.
A design able to lengthen and stylize the face that reinvents itself in the smoked effects of Elie Tahari and Emporio Armani. Stella McCartney presents an oversized updated model, while Tommy Hilfiger and House of Holland dye it with color. Chanel, Philipp Plein, Simon Miller and Christopher Kane also point to the trend.
5. PURE GEOMETRY. Extravagant and innovative, sunglasses with marked geometric shapes have triumphed on the catwalks. Elongated, stylized and rectangular shapes in Marco de Vincenzo, a fun mix of stars and hearts in Giamba, avant-garde silhouettes shaped electric guitar in Acne Studios; and refined plastics that cover vintage frames in Marni.
CUTLER AND GROSS Love Bite acetate, €395 – MARNI Edge Glasses in Acetate and Metal, $595 – FENDI Gafas de Sol “Fendi Facets”, €336 – DIOR Rihanna New Sunglasses Brand, €739 aprox.
Images courtesy of livingly.com and submitted brands